Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have IBS-C and asked my doctor for "Yasmin" as I've read that it is helpfull for ibs-c. I found out that it is not available in Canada yet. Is there any other BC pills that help ibs-c? :love:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi, I am not going to be of any help as far as an answer to your question, but was wondering what "yasmine" is? I also have IBS-C, severe and I am always looking for something new to try.Thanks Sue

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sue, "Yasmin" is a type of birth control pill. From other posts I've read it's supposed to be quite helpful if you have IBS-C, I believe it helps with the constipation and bloating. I don't know when it will be available in Canada.Kate

·
Registered
145 Posts
i'm taking zovia continuously (i take the placebos every three months or so) and it seems to help a little; it certainly doesn't do any harm to my c. i think where it helps mostly is to "smooth out" my system. i no longer get extra c around ovulation. i get closer to constant, predictable bowel movements, and of course, my cramps are gone. i just feel all around better.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I'm currently taking yasmin. i switched from ortho-tri cyclin because my gyn in an effort to help the IBS thought a monophasic like yasmin which is one dosage through the month would help (instead of the ortho which is a triphasic and thus three increasing doses of hormones throughout the month). I honestly don't see any difference in my symptoms whatsoever and i'm predominately C (with the occasional D with anxiety thrown in). Funny thing about it all is that before i started on the birth control i was IBS-free....Good luck in your search!kac

·
Registered
207 Posts
Me too.. Never had any ibs symptoms until getting my first bc pill at 29. Now at 36, I'm still fighting bloating and constipation. The weird thing is if I get off the BC the symptoms are worse especially the bloating. I can't figure it out!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.