Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking back over a thread I started about low carb diets and bloating.The advice about fibre I found very confusing -I'm still confused.One person did say that a low carb. diet helped with her bloating - but she later revealed herself to be suffering from Ulcerative Colitis and NOT IBS (so I imagine our diet needs are very different)SO is there anyone out there who is IBS C and has found that a low carb. diet was possible without making them more C. AND with an improvement for bloating???I'd really like to have a go at such a diet but it will require tremendous effort(I've tried so many diets in the past and it's socially very difficult when you're constantly changing r�gimes!)I don't want to go into this if it's unlikely to be of help.I'd be really grateful for any imput.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Hi Ibsed. I tried the low carbs. Couldn't make it through the day. Most everything there is to eat is carbs. I do think carbs make you more hungry, and they're gassy. Sorry I'm no help.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks PauoloSaw your last post on the other thread too.Hmmm.Interesting.What a mysterious condition IBS is - supposing we have all been correctly diagnosed.Would still like to hear from an IBS C person who has had success with low carb. diet(by carbs.I mean the main starches:wheat,corn,oats,rice etc).I know we can't avoid all carbohydrate.

·
Banned
5,767 Posts
unfortunately most of the info about ibs is for ibs-d as is the info out on low carb diets. I'm currently thinking of trying to find a diet with less potatoes and other complex carbs. let me know if you find any that work for you.tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts