Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, alot has happend in the last week, firstly my grandma died and it was stressfull, i was there when it happened and it was the funeral today.. secondly i went abroad, only for a few days but still..I have suffered IBS-C for a few years but only recently was diagnosed, i suffer all the typical symptoms and find i go days without going to the bathroom, however over the last few weeks the ibs-c seems to have turned into ibs-d, im very uncomfortable and am going very often (once hourly at the moment and stomach making noises and pain), im not used to this being the problem.... is there anything i can do????

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
If you go every hour for more than a couple of days I'd go to the doctor. For a few days can be a GI infection (virus or food poisoning) and they can happen to anyone.The problem is if ti goes on too long (especially if water) you can get dehydrated and that could be a problem and more than 10 BM's a day may be something other than IBS even when chronic.Until you can see the doctor have you tried Imodium?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
And keep in mind anything new you may have done to help with the C may be working "too" well. So if you have tried anything new for the C... maybe back off a bit on it.So sorry for the loss of your Gram. ((((Hugs))))

1 - 3 of 3 Posts