Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I presume one is the diarrhea type and the other is the constipation type...I thought IBS was a combination of both? That is how it is for me anyway..Can someone please explain?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sooz, I can't explain it any better than Nat did. Just wanted to let you know that I also have both, though C is more of a problem for me, too. I think there are several of us around here who "swing"
between D and C.I loved the Austin Powers movies--Austin's misadventures wih the ladies and his "swinging" reputation always make me laugh. IBS is such a pain in the butt (literally!) that saying I'm a swinger (rather than C/D or the other terms most people use) is my own little coping technique. When I'm cursing my IBS and crying about going back and forth between the two, I say "swing," think of Austin, and I get a much-needed laugh. The things we do to try to have a sense of normalcy!
Welcome to the board--I saw your first post on the other board, and thought I'd say welcome while I responded to this post.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sooz, I can't explain it any better than Nat did. Just wanted to let you know that I also have both, though C is more of a problem for me, too. I think there are several of us around here who "swing"
between D and C.I loved the Austin Powers movies--Austin's misadventures wih the ladies and his "swinging" reputation always make me laugh. IBS is such a pain in the butt (literally!) that saying I'm a swinger (rather than C/D or the other terms most people use) is my own little coping technique. When I'm cursing my IBS and crying about going back and forth between the two, I say "swing," think of Austin, and I get a much-needed laugh. The things we do to try to have a sense of normalcy!
Welcome to the board--I saw your first post on the other board, and thought I'd say welcome while I responded to this post.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
IBS can come in many forms for people. I'm mainly a D type, my Mother is a C type, but was D at one point in her life. As someone else said those that have both can be called a swinger!
Back and forth from D and C. It's different for everyone...

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
IBS can come in many forms for people. I'm mainly a D type, my Mother is a C type, but was D at one point in her life. As someone else said those that have both can be called a swinger!
Back and forth from D and C. It's different for everyone...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thankyou for filling me in regarding the ibs-c and -d thing...looks like I am a swinger then. In some ways being a swinger is worse, because you never know what is going to happen next. Still, IBS is NO JOKE. Thankyou all for responding to my post and helping me out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thankyou for filling me in regarding the ibs-c and -d thing...looks like I am a swinger then. In some ways being a swinger is worse, because you never know what is going to happen next. Still, IBS is NO JOKE. Thankyou all for responding to my post and helping me out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.