Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I am a 48-year-old Italian, sorry for my English, for reasons of time and language I will not be able to answer all possible comments, but I hope to give a testimony contribution to the research. I have been suffering from ibs c for 15 years with incomplete evacuation, terrible tightness and constant pain on the lower left side, it is a disabling disease. It began with a common travel constipation, I traveled a lot and the intestine for environmental reasons, that is, involuntary psychological reasons, was blocked and then resumed functioning. In the long run it was heavy so I started to stimulate myself with my fingers to get the stimulus artificially (my downfall), lost the stimulus for 2 years I went on with this artificial stimulation. I decided to solve the diet change problem by inserting laxative foods, kiwis and more and I can recover the spontaneous stimulus, but the evacuation is no longer the same: badly formed stools, only emission after the stimulus then a sense of incomplete evacuation which translates into pain and discomfort throughout the day with further attempts to go. I make another mistake: I introduce glycerin enemas, these tend to inhibit the normal stimulus and do not solve the problem, above all they contribute to increasing the pain, done all conceivable therapies, biofeedback, various diets, various medicines even of the latest generation, psychotherapy , excluding diets etc. colonoscopy analysis, all negative. the phenomenon continues unperturbed and disabling, including repercussions on sexuality for a year now, normal erection, normal activity but decreased orgasmic pleasure, such as an annoying sensation of pee, irritation of the prostate due to the colon? Perhaps. My theory and a method to solve that had worked a little: As for my case of ibs c I exclude, always with doubt, all the autoimmune, dietary, intolerance causes, in fact many of us change diet unnecessarily, I think that the diet affects, but not as an inflammatory factor, but as a neurological mechanical factor, beans are not bad in themselves but a gut that does not react neurologically well with excess air will not be able to handle the problems muscularly. The Colon is like an animal that learns, it starts with a "trauma" travel, intoxication, stress, the stress through the vagus nerve is thrown on the intestine (this is proven) causing a modification of its involuntary behavior (diarrhea or constipation) in the my case stress, travel = equal spastic closure of the sigmoid colon. The sigmoid colon learns to close itself in any similar situation and to repeat the error always concurrently with the signals from the brain through the vagus nerve. Once he has learned to react either with constipation or with diarrhea it is complex to re-educate him then a series of other mistakes are made, enemas, glycerin stimulations that constitute other micro traumas of the sigma colon that learns to function more lazily and in a much less efficient way. The pains and discomforts are not a hyper-sensitivity of the colon (proven, but not decisive) but the clash between the neurological drive to function and the obstacle that the intestine (which has learned to function poorly) poses. The reason for the pain is the spasm combined with the now modified peristaltic movement. Clearly the diet affects but it is not the cause of the evil and it is not curative, but the cause of the evil is not even that we are mentally unbalanced. The stress level of someone with ibs c is probably not higher than that of a normal person, only that for a number of things it affects the colon damaged from a neurological behavioral point of view.
The fact that many rehabilitation therapies of the pelvic floor lead to nothing depends on the incorrect interpretation of the phenomenon by doctors: that is, they think that it is a problem of the voluntary muscles of the pelvic floor, which in reality are only victims of the phenomenon, while instead the problem is in the sigmoid colon (involuntary organ) which no longer pushes and does not mix well the feces up to the rectal ampoule. Obviously one pushes, breathes, relaxes, squats but it is useless because the problem is upstream, that is, in the sigma. As a result, even the operation for prolapses is often useless, as the prolapses are the consequence of voluntary pushing which replaces the now absent or almost absent involuntary pushing. Many doctors therefore focus on aspects that are in my opinion outside this system, useless. Suggestion for a solution, which I myself try with pain and effort to experience. The colon is a learning animal, try to kick a dog and demand the next day that it comes wagging its tail, it won't. The colon is a dog that has been kicking for years, so it needs to be re-educated. But how can an involuntary organ be re-educated? One thing worked with me but it stopped, I'll explain why (my mistakes) First thing. Recovering the stimulus, the stimulus is the consequence of the peristaltic movement of the sigmoid colon, if there is none, there will not even be the stimulus, what to do? with trivial methods known to all, developing the gastro-colic reflex through hot breakfast lactose-free milk tea, and three kiwis, this does not solve the ibs c but it is a first step, once the stimulus has recovered (and it is not said that all of us succeed) the colon learns to replicate it even without the help of kiwifruit or hot milk (you have to insist for days though) so it will tend to repeat the bowel movement after breakfast at the same time (learning) but it is always spastic and painful and the evacuation will be incomplete. How to do? The spasms must be removed, this cannot always be done with buscopan, it becomes addictive immediately, it must be done naturally (the spasms increase with stress but you know how little it helps meditation etc. let's face it with sincerity, in fact it is the intestine that must heal not only the psyche), one thing that helps is water in large quantities, three liters, but not to hydrate the stool (total nonsense that constantly repeats) but to create a continuous condition of gastro-colic reflex that enlarges the colon and removes the spasms, but this only with large quantities, they are so has a neurological effect difficult to obtain, removed the spasms the next day we will have our stimulus (conquered with difficulty) and a lesser sensation of incompleteness (the result of non-expelled faeces mixed to the spasm) so much so that you may have stools that remain but much less neurological discomfort, when I was healthy I went in the morning, then I was fine, and I went back in the afternoon and I was fine, while there were however I did that had remained, so the problem is not the stools that remain or the hyper sensitivity, but the spasm that causes us pain, even more so if there are feces and air. Using this method 7 years ago I got ten days of normal or near normal health (eating everything), so close to healing. What went wrong? Mea culpa, even if the colon was learning it was still fragile, constipation due to a dinner (it doesn't matter much about the food, it's not like we can live in a convent) was enough to make me despair and take a glycerin enema this destroyed that that the colon had learned, like a trauma, so for a while I kept the stimulus but the spasms and discomfort reappeared, and there, like drugs, other micro-enemas, so I was no longer able to regain that state after seven years (high and low obviously), now my starting condition is worse so these techniques are more difficult to work, but I am trying again with great will because the pain and discomfort is enormous and it is a destroyed life. So the intestine is an animal that learns, and to teach them we only have food (not in the sense of healthy food, but food functional to our disease), lifestyle, stimulus recovery and techniques to cushion the spasms, certainly, less anxiety, but anxiety is not the cause, but the trigger that takes place on a neurologically weak and neurotic intestine, loaded with micro traumas repeated over time. On the other hand, you shouldn't eat little, it gets much worse, the intestine needs matter. I hope I was helpful. I will answer if I can, it is not always possible for me

·
Community Manager
13,262 Posts
I apologize for the post in Italian, but it was so long that goggle did not translate it all and mounted it very badly, making it incomprehensible
please post in English. this is an English speaking board. thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I am a 48-year-old Italian, sorry for my English, for reasons of time and language I will not be able to answer all possible comments, but I hope to give a testimony contribution to the research. I have been suffering from ibs c for 15 years with incomplete evacuation, terrible tightness and constant pain on the lower left side, it is a disabling disease. It began with a common travel constipation, I traveled a lot and the intestine for environmental reasons, that is, involuntary psychological reasons, was blocked and then resumed functioning. In the long run it was heavy so I started to stimulate myself with my fingers to get the stimulus artificially (my downfall), lost the stimulus for 2 years I went on with this artificial stimulation. I decided to solve the diet change problem by inserting laxative foods, kiwis and more and I can recover the spontaneous stimulus, but the evacuation is no longer the same: badly formed stools, only emission after the stimulus then a sense of incomplete evacuation which translates into pain and discomfort throughout the day with further attempts to go. I make another mistake: I introduce glycerin enemas, these tend to inhibit the normal stimulus and do not solve the problem, above all they contribute to increasing the pain, done all conceivable therapies, biofeedback, various diets, various medicines even of the latest generation, psychotherapy , excluding diets etc. colonoscopy analysis, all negative. the phenomenon continues unperturbed and disabling, including repercussions on sexuality for a year now, normal erection, normal activity but decreased orgasmic pleasure, such as an annoying sensation of pee, irritation of the prostate due to the colon? Perhaps. My theory and a method to solve that had worked a little: As for my case of ibs c I exclude, always with doubt, all the autoimmune, dietary, intolerance causes, in fact many of us change diet unnecessarily, I think that the diet affects, but not as an inflammatory factor, but as a neurological mechanical factor, beans are not bad in themselves but a gut that does not react neurologically well with excess air will not be able to handle the problems muscularly. The Colon is like an animal that learns, it starts with a "trauma" travel, intoxication, stress, the stress through the vagus nerve is thrown on the intestine (this is proven) causing a modification of its involuntary behavior (diarrhea or constipation) in the my case stress, travel = equal spastic closure of the sigmoid colon. The sigmoid colon learns to close itself in any similar situation and to repeat the error always concurrently with the signals from the brain through the vagus nerve. Once he has learned to react either with constipation or with diarrhea it is complex to re-educate him then a series of other mistakes are made, enemas, glycerin stimulations that constitute other micro traumas of the sigma colon that learns to function more lazily and in a much less efficient way. The pains and discomforts are not a hyper-sensitivity of the colon (proven, but not decisive) but the clash between the neurological drive to function and the obstacle that the intestine (which has learned to function poorly) poses. The reason for the pain is the spasm combined with the now modified peristaltic movement. Clearly the diet affects but it is not the cause of the evil and it is not curative, but the cause of the evil is not even that we are mentally unbalanced. The stress level of someone with ibs c is probably not higher than that of a normal person, only that for a number of things it affects the colon damaged from a neurological behavioral point of view.
The fact that many rehabilitation therapies of the pelvic floor lead to nothing depends on the incorrect interpretation of the phenomenon by doctors: that is, they think that it is a problem of the voluntary muscles of the pelvic floor, which in reality are only victims of the phenomenon, while instead the problem is in the sigmoid colon (involuntary organ) which no longer pushes and does not mix well the feces up to the rectal ampoule. Obviously one pushes, breathes, relaxes, squats but it is useless because the problem is upstream, that is, in the sigma. As a result, even the operation for prolapses is often useless, as the prolapses are the consequence of voluntary pushing which replaces the now absent or almost absent involuntary pushing. Many doctors therefore focus on aspects that are in my opinion outside this system, useless. Suggestion for a solution, which I myself try with pain and effort to experience. The colon is a learning animal, try to kick a dog and demand the next day that it comes wagging its tail, it won't. The colon is a dog that has been kicking for years, so it needs to be re-educated. But how can an involuntary organ be re-educated? One thing worked with me but it stopped, I'll explain why (my mistakes) First thing. Recovering the stimulus, the stimulus is the consequence of the peristaltic movement of the sigmoid colon, if there is none, there will not even be the stimulus, what to do? with trivial methods known to all, developing the gastro-colic reflex through hot breakfast lactose-free milk tea, and three kiwis, this does not solve the ibs c but it is a first step, once the stimulus has recovered (and it is not said that all of us succeed) the colon learns to replicate it even without the help of kiwifruit or hot milk (you have to insist for days though) so it will tend to repeat the bowel movement after breakfast at the same time (learning) but it is always spastic and painful and the evacuation will be incomplete. How to do? The spasms must be removed, this cannot always be done with buscopan, it becomes addictive immediately, it must be done naturally (the spasms increase with stress but you know how little it helps meditation etc. let's face it with sincerity, in fact it is the intestine that must heal not only the psyche), one thing that helps is water in large quantities, three liters, but not to hydrate the stool (total nonsense that constantly repeats) but to create a continuous condition of gastro-colic reflex that enlarges the colon and removes the spasms, but this only with large quantities, they are so has a neurological effect difficult to obtain, removed the spasms the next day we will have our stimulus (conquered with difficulty) and a lesser sensation of incompleteness (the result of non-expelled faeces mixed to the spasm) so much so that you may have stools that remain but much less neurological discomfort, when I was healthy I went in the morning, then I was fine, and I went back in the afternoon and I was fine, while there were however I did that had remained, so the problem is not the stools that remain or the hyper sensitivity, but the spasm that causes us pain, even more so if there are feces and air. Using this method 7 years ago I got ten days of normal or near normal health (eating everything), so close to healing. What went wrong? Mea culpa, even if the colon was learning it was still fragile, constipation due to a dinner (it doesn't matter much about the food, it's not like we can live in a convent) was enough to make me despair and take a glycerin enema this destroyed that that the colon had learned, like a trauma, so for a while I kept the stimulus but the spasms and discomfort reappeared, and there, like drugs, other micro-enemas, so I was no longer able to regain that state after seven years (high and low obviously), now my starting condition is worse so these techniques are more difficult to work, but I am trying again with great will because the pain and discomfort is enormous and it is a destroyed life. So the intestine is an animal that learns, and to teach them we only have food (not in the sense of healthy food, but food functional to our disease), lifestyle, stimulus recovery and techniques to cushion the spasms, certainly, less anxiety, but anxiety is not the cause, but the trigger that takes place on a neurologically weak and neurotic intestine, loaded with micro traumas repeated over time. On the other hand, you shouldn't eat little, it gets much worse, the intestine needs matter. I hope I was helpful. I will answer if I can, it is not always possible for me
hello; so where do we start ? what should we do first?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ciao; quindi da dove iniziamo? cosa dobbiamo fare prima?
[/CITAZIONE]

The fundamental thing for me, and I am still far from solving the problems, but as I wrote I came very close, is to understand that, apart from cases of overt inflammatory diseases, the IBS patient is always negative for almost everything. never responds to therapies and diets, so the important thing is to understand that it is a neurological behavioral alteration of the intestine, this is the fundamental thing, otherwise you are all your life finding the pill and the diet, which never works . How to rearrange the system, however, is complex, because it is not a voluntary arm, it is an involuntary muscle. The first thing for me is to regain the natural stimulus and totally avoid enemas or direct interventions on the anus, these modify and irritate the intestinal behavior that tends to repeat endlessly the mistakes it has learned, this is done by gradually reactivating the gastrocolic reflex, so stuff with a strong impact at breakfast: hot lactose-free milk with coffee, kiwi two or three, once you have found the stimulus try to keep it until you no longer need the kiwi milk stimulation, if one wants to continue, make it grow day by day, as soon as you feel a little stimulus to move the pelvis back and forth and left and right, you need to dynamically re-sensitize the whole part, it has nothing to do with pelvic floor rehabilitation, which unfortunately almost never works, but with resensitization of the rectal ampoule and the movement of the sigma, if the colon learns it will reappear the stimulus the next day, slowly it is an incredible effort. Then plenty of water for a while in the morning even two to three liters, not to hydrate the stool, but as a natural antispasmodic (pee stress for a while), this regimen until things are a bit automatic. Lemon in the afternoon two or three squeezed improves the stomach barrier to bacteria. Movement, and above all eating at least a third more, eating little is the death of the system. I am in this struggle, I have recovered the stimulus, but I have not yet managed to resolve the spasm, pain and incomplete defecation, as I did years ago, we must insist, the colon is an animal that learns, quickly in negative, slowly in positive. which food? I don't know, for me food doesn't count for anything, at most avoid excess fruit and legumes or too much fiber, but food must be there, and movement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
but everyone must understand his method, but starting from the assumption that it is a behavioral disease of the colon, which is a being in itself, like an animal that must be re-educated according to its nature, which almost never have anatomical or microbiota defects to do with it , which hardly anyone can put back in place. How is it that obese diabetics who eat disordered shit freely and happily, and we with an irreproachable life are dead inside? in my opinion we look at the problem from a health side, while it must be seen from a dynamic neurological side, I don't even say psychological. On the other hand, I was fine for 6 days after my father died. because? Because my psyche was attentive not to myself but to the thousand external things I had to do, that is, there was no more energy to observe the intestine, all the emotional energy was directed to something else. I don't have the solution, but I observe and draw conclusions that can be useful to find a solution

1 - 8 of 8 Posts