Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced two-five day nausea jags where the only option is to fast and even water feels too uncomfortable on the stomach? This happens every time around my menstral cycle. I've had all the tests and have discovered IBS along with first stages endometriosis. I've experienced IBS since I was eight years old with "D" for years. The last three years I've been experiencing "C" and now I have been having progressively worse jags of nausea before or after my menstral cycle. The nausea is so bad that I miss work three days each month. It's hard to keep a job this way. Am I the only one with these symptoms? Does anyone else experience symilar episodes of nausea? I've taken all the other tests and the doctors all just keep saying it's IBS and that all my insides look great. I just want to know if it's my IBS that's causing this nausea. Whatever I have, it seems to be chronic and is definately miserable. If you relate, please respond.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi! I have definitely experienced the nausea, although I am IBS-D. My mom is IBS-C and she went through a three month phase where she was nauseous and then she was fine (no rhyme or reason) with that. I take two capsules of ginger root every day for the nausea and occasionally chew on crystallized ginger. I have been doing this for a few weeks and it has really helped. I buy the ginger root extract from the Vitamin Shoppe - one capsule around Noon and one in the evening. I hope it continues to work. For me, it was much better than peppermint oil capsules - those gave me heartburn which was one of the symptoms I didn't initially have. It's all trial and error. I would definitely give the ginger a try. It's also supposed to be a natural laxative, but luckily for me it hasn't added to my "D".Good luck,Kathy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi! I have definitely experienced the nausea, although I am IBS-D. My mom is IBS-C and she went through a three month phase where she was nauseous and then she was fine (no rhyme or reason) with that. I take two capsules of ginger root every day for the nausea and occasionally chew on crystallized ginger. I have been doing this for a few weeks and it has really helped. I buy the ginger root extract from the Vitamin Shoppe - one capsule around Noon and one in the evening. I hope it continues to work. For me, it was much better than peppermint oil capsules - those gave me heartburn which was one of the symptoms I didn't initially have. It's all trial and error. I would definitely give the ginger a try. It's also supposed to be a natural laxative, but luckily for me it hasn't added to my "D".Good luck,Kathy

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am a C and I have experienced the nausea you talk about, although I don't have a hard time with water. In my case I felt confident it was a blockage in my intestinal track. Not a severe blockage but a blockage nonetheless. I get them every few months probably as a result of overeating (or sometimes just, trying to eat normal sized meals like normal people and pretend that I'm not an IBS-C'er). I find that, being a C'er, things pass slowly through my colon and as a result I should eat less, you know, 6 smaller meals instead of 3 large ones? Well, when I get the blockages, I get nauseas, I can't eat, I certainly don't get hunger pains, and I have to do an enema to releive it, and sometimes 2 days in a row. One thing you might try for the nausea is carbonated water or a clear softdrink (like 7up). It will cause you to have several large burps and releasing that air always improves my nausea. TH

·
Registered
185 Posts
I am a C and I have experienced the nausea you talk about, although I don't have a hard time with water. In my case I felt confident it was a blockage in my intestinal track. Not a severe blockage but a blockage nonetheless. I get them every few months probably as a result of overeating (or sometimes just, trying to eat normal sized meals like normal people and pretend that I'm not an IBS-C'er). I find that, being a C'er, things pass slowly through my colon and as a result I should eat less, you know, 6 smaller meals instead of 3 large ones? Well, when I get the blockages, I get nauseas, I can't eat, I certainly don't get hunger pains, and I have to do an enema to releive it, and sometimes 2 days in a row. One thing you might try for the nausea is carbonated water or a clear softdrink (like 7up). It will cause you to have several large burps and releasing that air always improves my nausea. TH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.