Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I suffer from IBS-C. When I have to go, Its usually after my body has expelled alot of gas. Does anyone else have this problem? Its hard to explain. I guess then I usually do not know when I really have to go or not. Especially when I am working. I don't expel the gas. However when I get home and can let it rip (sorry, did not mean to be gross) I feel constipated. I am one who suffers from alot of gas.

G

·
I can relate to this problem. Sometimes it is a false alarm because I can't tell if it is gas or a bowel movement. I always feel like I have to go. It feels like there is something trapped in my rectum. Do you ever feel this? What do you do? I take golytly to soften stools and levbid for spasms.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
This happens to me a lot. When I can't tell what's there, I run to the commode just to be safe. After 3 years of milk of magnesia daily, my muscles are very good at holding in D for a few seconds. This has led to a decreased sensation of urgency and cramping, but at least I still know when I have to go. It always seems that after I go, there is more gas that won't follow as if something were obstructing the gas. It's my biggest IBS symptom-I go nearly every day and never feel it's enough and always feel trapped gas. All that sometimes helps is a hard push on my abdomen.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I usually do is drink more water. I found out a trick to do. Drink plenty of water. Then the bladder presses on the colon and things move along. At least for me it does. I found this out years ago when I had to have one of those ultrasounds when I had to drink plenty of water to have it done. Then while I was full of water, I would have to go have a bm. It also would help clear out the gas in my colon too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts