Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have had IBS and IC since I was 15 or so plus horrible endo as well. 3 years ago I finally had an Hysterectomy for the endo and was finally offically diagnosed with the IC and IBS. I had been having he same symptoms since 15 but none of the doctors I saw ever diagnosed me. Here is the problem I am having. I felt great after the hysterectomy because of the medicine I was placed on for my IC and IBS combination of elavil and hydroxyzine.About a year ago due to a change in insurance I was dropped from our plan for pre-existing conditions. I knew I could not refill my medication and this sent me into a huge depression issue. During this time I rarely ate, and if I did it was only a few bites here and there. Also what I did eat was usually very good for me as I knew I needed the extra nutrition. About 2 months later I noticed that all my symptoms had dissapated and I actually felt really good. I have noticed that the few times that I have ate, what I consider alot, I felt the effects for days after. Also that processed foods or anything with fructose would make things worse. I have always been fairly tiny at 5'3 and weighed around 110 lbs give or take. Since continuing to eat this way I have gone down to about 100lbs and are starting to get slack from family members. For me I would rather take little nibbles here and there and feel great ie. no pain meds, heating pads etc. Then try to eat what some might consider a normal 3 meals a day. Am I wrong about this? My diet typically consists of Coffee (black) in the am. Maybe some Special K cereal with skim milk or a cliff bar. Water throughout the day or a glass of plume juice then some carrots, or sugar snap peas for snack. Then chicken or pork for dinner with a vegetable maybe a roll with it. Once a week maybe a slice of pizza and a salad. My body just seems to function better with those tiny meals. Any time I eat a full dinner, my body shuts down litterally. Then the pain starts. Thank you for reading through all of this

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.