Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I off base here, or do others with IBS-C also have high cholesterol?I am beginning to think, after reading lots of cholesterol and IBS that the two may be linked. And if I was really able to have a regualar BM a couple times a day, every day, that my cholesterol would go down. What does everyone think?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I had IBS D and high cholesterol. Same supplement that controlled its deposit stopped the bowel problem. I think it is linked through circulation problems in the brain, which may be plaque related; but I have no way of testing that.Mark

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I had IBS D and high cholesterol. Same supplement that controlled its deposit stopped the bowel problem. I think it is linked through circulation problems in the brain, which may be plaque related; but I have no way of testing that.Mark

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The only way I know of biologically that "more bm's = lower cholesterol" is if you increse your BM's by taking soluble fiber.Oat bran, psyllium, etc bind bile in the digestive tract. That which is bound, cannot be recycled. Then you have to make more bile from the cholesterol in your blood.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The only way I know of biologically that "more bm's = lower cholesterol" is if you increse your BM's by taking soluble fiber.Oat bran, psyllium, etc bind bile in the digestive tract. That which is bound, cannot be recycled. Then you have to make more bile from the cholesterol in your blood.K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.