Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had lots of tests inthe the last three years that i have had this stomach ache. every day, everytime i eat. nothing i do or take seems to help. i'm tired of hurting all the time, what i'd like to know does anyone else have pain everytime they eat? i especially have a right upper quadrant pain that stays all the time as being sore to the touch. i've tired eliminating dairy and breads from my diet but no change unless i didn't eliminate it for long enough. i appreciate any feedback i may get.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
When the IBS was bad I had pain with every meal.You colon has a burst of activity every time you eat. Usually which food makes no difference. Heavier, larger, and fattier meals, or waiting a long time before you finally give in can make that worse than small, light meals every 3 hours. But which food isn't as important as volume, fat content or how long you waited to eat.You mentioned diet, has no one suggested even trying any medications? If no doctor has even tried you on an antispasmodic 20-30 minutes before meals or a low dose antidepressant you need to find some doctors that actually treat IBS rather than send you away with eat more fiber, or try avoiding lactose.Most diets will work in the first couple of weeks so you don't need to be on them for months on end before you might see something, and for most people diet will not control all symptoms all the time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.