Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im 15 and yes i have recently been told i have ibs due to stress and because of an ulcer that was also caused by stress and maybe taking a bit to much panandol.I was wondering if anyone could help me because i have looked everywhere and i cant really find anyone with the same variety of symtoms that i havelike when i sleep its very uncomfortable, i cant lay on my stomach and my sides are uncomfrotable to. i constantly have this tight feeling and my tummy is hard when you feel it and bloated i think.I can hear popping noises from my lower abdomin and gurgling and my lower back hurts. i get bad head spins and i get nasuea sometimes in the morning, cold sweaty feeling that usualy gives me high temptrtures and im usuauly always tired and most of the discomfort is in my low abodmin and sometimes under my stomach like inline with my cervic area i suppose...but if anyone can help me it would be great and i dont know what kind of ulcer i have though

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Hi NinjaSo sorry you are not feeling so good. But glad you found us!(Also just so you know we have a forum just for Teens... so feel free to post there too. You can find it via the site navigator down on the bottom left of the page by the "Go" button.)The pain you have at night could be from the ulcer or heartburn... but I don't know... You should talk to your Dr about that pain specifically. If it is because of the ulcer... you could try raising the head of your bed up a bit. Try putting a block of wood or a couple large books under your the head of your matttress.Also some of the pain could simply be from gas. Just because it's JUST gas doesn't mean it can't be pretty dang painful! So you could try using some anti-gas product (A product with smithicone in it. Like: Gas-X or Phazyme or the store brand of those)with your meals to cut down on any possible gas forming.Another thing that could be causing the pain & discomfort is spasms. There are antispasmodic medications that your Dr could prescribe for you. (For example Bentyl or Levsin.. or their generic forms.) Talk to your Dr. about this too.Now for the nausea... I have found Ginger capsules really work well & quickly to stop nausea. I found them in Walmart near the Vitamins. (I also use their brand of simethicone)Is your ulcer being treated and if so with what medicine?Hope you feel better real soon!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi NinjaSo sorry you are not feeling so good. But glad you found us!(Also just so you know we have a forum just for Teens... so feel free to post there too. You can find it via the site navigator down on the bottom left of the page by the "Go" button.)The pain you have at night could be from the ulcer or heartburn... but I don't know... You should talk to your Dr about that pain specifically. If it is because of the ulcer... you could try raising the head of your bed up a bit. Try putting a block of wood or a couple large books under your the head of your matttress.Also some of the pain could simply be from gas. Just because it's JUST gas doesn't mean it can't be pretty dang painful! So you could try using some anti-gas product (A product with smithicone in it. Like: Gas-X or Phazyme or the store brand of those)with your meals to cut down on any possible gas forming.Another thing that could be causing the pain & discomfort is spasms. There are antispasmodic medications that your Dr could prescribe for you. (For example Bentyl or Levsin.. or their generic forms.) Talk to your Dr. about this too.Now for the nausea... I have found Ginger capsules really work well & quickly to stop nausea. I found them in Walmart near the Vitamins. (I also use their brand of simethicone)Is your ulcer being treated and if so with what medicine?Hope you feel better real soon!
Thank you for the help
Yer i heard the ginger is good for the nausea :)At the moment im taking 20g Nexium for the Ulcerbut ive also go vitamin A 5000IU and Vitamin E 500IU Im on the pill as well as taking a IBS supplement and im taking Lexapro to deal with the stress and ansiety so i can keep settled. I really wanted to try and not take anymore medications haha i was kind of sick of swallowing tablets all the time. But it seems to be the only way i can get better.Is there any natural things other then ginger that help IBS? again , thank you so much

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Yes there are plenty of other things you can try... Digestive Enzymes to help digest some foods your systems finds more difficult. Also you can try Peppermint tablets or like Altoids as peppermint is a natural antispasmodic. Probiotics.. like Align.. may help you as well. Look in the Vitamin Supplement section for these things. Look in the stomach remedies section for Align or other Probiotics.Look around our forums here for other ideas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.