Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had IBS since a small child ( only confirmed about 10 years ago). History of painful bowel movements ( cramping and then relief after movement-- sometimes cramping so bad think I will die and then it goes).Usually eating related D. I have both D and C.Have had blood on paper and on stool, both times insisted on Colonoscopy - negative. Painful Sigmoidoscopy which doc said is indicative of IBS as well. Lately, bm goes like this. Have to go...not urgent. Have a bit of straining and some pellet sized bm, followed by, after BAD twisting cramps pain, normal shaped/consistency long bm followed by lump of half mud half stool mix. Sometimes blood on tissue ( related to straining) History of Anal fissure and Hemmoroids. It's the combination of three types of bm in the same movement that worries me. I have ALL shapes at different time...then normal- wax and wane. I have had life long episodes of urgency and D but not so much anymore...just at holidays, after eating out etc. Two eppies of this a year maybe. So, is this normal? To have this variance? To have : a feeling of constiption which brings pellets, followed by pain then normal but long stool then mud in one movement?Thanks. Boy, this sure sounds dumb.
RIBSrIBS

·
Registered
479 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ribs:Am I in the wrong forum? Post above me has 223 views...mine ZERO.
Your post is still pretty new. you don't have to worryI can't really offer any help, but I think I just realized how much I've had to accept with this IBS... I read your whole post while eating chocolate and didn't even think twice. I'm not usually one who can eat and think about anything gross (like...poop) at the same time, but IBS sure desensitized me to this!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey Ribs;While I can't confirm what yoy have experienced is normal, I can confirm that you that you are not alone. I too have experienced abnormal bowel movements as you have described.It all depends on the amount of fibre in my diet. The more fibre I have the more normal the stool.My GI as prescribed 40 mg of fibre daily. This is ectremely difficult to do unless you eat a cup or more of bran.Most of the time I have at least some rabbit pellets along with normal stoolJack

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm alternating too, and that happens to me often. Especially after suffering with C for about a week. I'm noticing though that a few days before the mixed bowels I get sharp gas-like pains. It'll start out as hard pellets, then slightly formed and then the very loose stool or D. I get pain as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.