Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had IBS- D for about 10 years (I believe it was probably post-infectious but who knows for sure) and I have been reading this forum for a number of years (never had an account, just opened it once a week or so and read what other people said)... I tried to get ideas to help myself and with the assistance of everyone here, I generally improved my condition. I still had IBS-D but I modified my diet enough to control my symptoms (of course with IBS, there are always surprises)!Well about 6 months ago I begin to notice my stomach was beginning to hurt less and less, and I thought "wow, I must be going into remission or something?" However, I guess my IBS has slowly changed over for D to C/A in the last six months because I am progressively getting worse.At first I thought I had changed over to C completely but then... the all to familiar D came back this weekend. I took imodium and then C again. And my problems aren't limited to the new C symptom but also ridiculous bloating (so bad my clothes will randomly not fit because I look pregnant and it wakes me up in the middle of the night because it is so uncomfortable/painful) and in addition to that, horrible acid reflux with everything I eat.Ten years ago... I had a difficult time accepting that I had IBS, I remember crying for weeks. I've tried to deal with the pain and embarrassment but now... I am having to change my routine, meals, etc. What has worked for me for so long is now hurting me. Honestly, I want my old life back, I'd rather just have D.So after all this time of reading what other people had to say... I need the help now. I've already made an appt with my gastrointestinal Dr. but I have one main question before I go... Is this common? I never hear about people being switching after a decade of the same symptoms. I was under the impression that once you are D, you usually stay D... and vice-versa? (Also... If anyone has any advice for my new life with IBS-A, I'd love your input).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.