Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have heard that it is not uncommon for ibs to change over time. over the past few months my ibs seems to have changed in severity.anyone else have this happen to them? how did it initially start, then how did it change? and how long after being diagnosed did you notice a change? (did it get back to how it originally was or what?)im worried whether its just the ibs acting up or if its something more serious.
(and YES i know the only person who can answer that is a doctor..im just looking for OTHER PEOPLE'S experiences)

·
Registered
205 Posts
Mine changed quite a bit. I first started with just lower abdominal pains that was relieved by a BM. Then stress brought on upper GI issues, like heartburn and acid reflux. I got that under control, and then started having alot of trapped gas and upper abdominal pain. BM's changed to more loose type stools, then I started having no pain at all, just weird BM's, then back to abdominal pain and trapped gas! So its ever changing. Probably one of the biggest symptoms of IBS I do believe.

·
Registered
722 Posts
My IBS over the years has changed from mild symptoms to now where they are very severe and ruining my life.They have never went back to being mild, wish they would!I do live in hope that one day i get a bit of relief from them or maybe they will find a miracle cure!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.