Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I was told in 1991 I had IBS. After that I have had some problems with constipation. Just recently October 2009 started hurting in lower back. I took Ibuprophen thinking it was a back injury. That supposely caused my stomach to become irritated although I too very little of it and have taken it before.In November I got severe stomach problems heartburn, and chest pain, and gallbladder attacks no stones a ultrasound showed just inflammed and sluggish. My stomach got worse with pain waking me at night and then everything I ate caused severe epigastric pressure and pain up under my breastbone. I had to take prilosec and tagament along with tums in between to relieve it. The stomach pain woke me at night it was so bad. I aslo started on aloe vera juice, marshmallow root and slippery elm. My stomach healed so I quit taking all this stuff about two weeks ago. Now back pain again and constipation so bad it will not come out. It is like I have no muscle contractions to push it out. I resorted twice to suppositories and what came out it was hard round muscus stools not very large. This must be IBS. I guess. It's been 4 days now an all I manage to get out is small one or two round stool and not much after severe straining. From the straining I have hemmroids and pain. It seems like I cannot push it out it comes down then sucks back up after I cannnot push it out . Ironically my stomach is not bloated that I can notice no cramps either and no front stomach discomfort it all in my back. I am still eating to and the food has to be going some where???? I am 46 year old female. Gees what is going. I had a CAT scan of my pelvis and stomach in October when all this started with NO constrast and it didn't show anything significant only left ovarian cyst which I always get those. Ultrsound of my Gall bladder showed sluggish. The doctor said my gallbladder could be functioning at a low percentage cause all the proble of my upper GI problems.Here is the thing I've taken stuff to make me go for two days and nothing I took fiber supplements, cascara, drank apple juice so now I have to to the store and see what they have tomorrow. I need a stool softner and laxative something to help push it out. I bet I am full of stool. Of course I never went to the bathroom and had a lot when I did go normally before and if I did it was because I ate stuff to make me go, but normally I have just small amounts out any way, but this won't come out on it own and that is the scary part. It makes me worry it could be serious. Has anyone had this happen to them and if so why? I am wondering if I am not locked up from all the medicines I took and now being off them a while they are out of my system and left me with constipation. DGre

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have had some of the same probs as you dasupernc.I too have had back pain and bowel muscles that just dont seem to work.Sometimes it is worse than other times.I too have wondered 'where has all the food gone??'. Dr said its just the colon drying it out. But its still a shock. I have had large man size meals just vanish and tiny BMs. It is scary to be honest. Unless you have had it happen to you I dont think anyone can really understand. The colon can just dry the food to nothing. Luckily that symptom pattern never lasts more than say 10 days for me. I hate to say it but normally it makes me drink whisky and smoke. Such is the bad feeling that it causes me. The first time I had the back ache I too thought it was an injury but its certainly the IBS. I have never had my gall bladder checked out. Maybe thats something i should do. But its always the same question. Is the IBS putting a strain on the body or is the Gall bladder causing the IBS? Lots of people post about gall bladder issues.You have described exactly though the feeling of my bowels. Its like they just dont work. Its like they have a power cut! Something has caused them to just shut down and they dont know what.Do you ever have any problems with your eyes?? It may just be the fatigue factor but lately my eyes always feel tired and I get spasms in the eye muscles.Also I get tendon ache and leg cramps really easy. Again I have speculated on the reasons for this as we all probably have.The more you read up on IBS the more you realise just how complex and how many variables there are to deal with. One thing I believe is that symptoms and the impact of IBS is not limited to the gut. Last thing. How is your skin? Do you get any red blood spots on your chest or back??? These are like small red growths. Since IBS i have had loads of them pop up. Again no one knows what causes them either.I just hope against hope that some genius out there will crack the code and identify whats going on with us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, I've had muscle twitching in my eyes, and the aches to. I've had that for years. I read that they are linking the term CFS or chronic fatigue syndrome now to IBS. I am a nervous person by nature always contemplate the worse case scenario without knowing first. I've had those little red raised bumps on my shoulders but they look like pimples and they are not. I do not have them now. I think the whole senario is a motility problem that started up and move down. I am really thinking of doing a fleets enema to get clean out, because I can't stand the discomfort of impacted stool and back pain, then I'll have to take something everyday to keep my stool soft. I have to get to exercising to I have got so lazy. I am not overweight that much just about 15 lbs but that is not a worry to me its the fact all these problems have developed from lack of. DGre

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What works for one doesn't work for all. Many years ago when Miralax was prescription only my doctor gave me a order for it . I took it and it bound me up like paste. My problem is I am not a water drinker, but I do drink it just not enough. Maybe it will work now for me since I do drink more now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I wanted to say I know or think I know now what happen to me and caused the constipation. Someone brought it up to me. I had been taking stuff to heal my stomach up and drinking organic aloe vera juice everyday. I ran out of juice and stopped all the medicine because I felt better occassionally I take the prilosec if I get indigestion. Yesterday I started back on my aloe vera juice and bingo I am going again. I bought a gallon this time and drink a ounce or two a day, but I noticed a lot of pain after I went in my lower abdomen it has me scared. I know I will never stop the aloe again it is what heal those ulcers up of course in combo with the prilosec. The IBS is terrible but the ulcers or gastritis was worse, but I don't want to get bound up either. Went back on my 5-HTP again also which helps with the stress. ThanksDGre

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.