Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all -My doctor advised that I start taking a B-complex vitamin to see if it helps my energy levels... I want to - but of course, noticed that there is magnesium in all the brands i found. Anyone take b-complex successfully without any issues? Or know of a brand to try? Thanks!

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Are you seeing Magnesium in the list of nutrients with a milligram amount on it? If it is low it probably won't bother you. (like 50-60) or you could add a small amount of calcium carbonate to balance it out (about 2X the amount of calcium carbonate as the magnesium).If you are just seeing Magnesium Stearate in the list of inert ingredients it never seems to be enough to actually count as a nutrient and is just one of the things they use in most pills to make them a pill.I don't usually see people having a problem when it is just a little bit used to make the pill a pill and isn't on the list of how many mgs of which vitamin.Twinlab seems to have one with out binders, but I can't tell if that also means no magnesium stearate http://www.massvitamins.com/twinlab-b-50-caps-1.html

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
I hope you find one to help. If not, drop me a line. I used to almost fall asleep while driving (and pretty well anywhere else I was after lunch) until I started taking a multi with highly absorbable minerals. With virtually all of the minerals going into the system in the small intestine, there was nothing left to cause problems in my colon, and I stopped being a menace on the road within 10 days. Cheers,Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.