Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first developed IBS, I suffered from D. Then after changing my diet and taking Citrucel I was doing much better. Now for some reason I tend to get C for a fews days and then I go right to D. Has this happened to anyone? Any advice?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Julee - this has always been my pattern. I've found the key is to make sure to keep the C in control. I find citrucel helps here so am a bit suprised that it made you C. Are you also taking calcium? If so, maybe this is too much. I take a calcium and magnesium supplement.nancy

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nancy-I don't take Calcium. I think I may be C because I'm not eating as much fruit as I did during the summer. I'm not really sure. This cycle of C and D has happened to me twice in the last 2 months.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
it could be the fruit i suppose. that will certainly loosen things up! you could try upping the citrucel. I've read that the tablets only have half as much as the powder in the recommended dose.I've been C lately myself after overreacting to some D a week and a half ago. But today it seems to be resolving itself - luckily without the usual cure of D!nancy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts