Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else here have a fear of vomitting? Often when I have an IBS-D flareup (in the middle of one right now at work - Yay, Monday!), I'll also start feeling nauseous. I very rarely ever throw up. Only happened once this past year, prior to that I hadn't thrown up in nearly 10 years except during my colonoscopy prep. I feel like I could handle the diarrhea better if I didn't also have this fear of puking along with it. That's the last thing I need to happen at the office. It's bad enough I've been running to the bathroom every five minutes for the last hour. Already taken four Imodiums today so hoping they start working soon.

·
Registered
109 Posts
sounds like nerves. I know when i have an episode approaching, i certainly get worked up. You may want to ask your GI for anit nausea medication. I for one was prescribed Zofran and it works instantly for nausea and doesnt give me nasty side effects

Does anyone else here have a fear of vomitting? Often when I have an IBS-D flareup (in the middle of one right now at work - Yay, Monday!), I'll also start feeling nauseous. I very rarely ever throw up. Only happened once this past year, prior to that I hadn't thrown up in nearly 10 years except during my colonoscopy prep. I feel like I could handle the diarrhea better if I didn't also have this fear of puking along with it. That's the last thing I need to happen at the office. It's bad enough I've been running to the bathroom every five minutes for the last hour. Already taken four Imodiums today so hoping they start working soon.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have moderate to severe anxiety, plus reflux, plus I can't burp. It's a vicious cycle of misery. Never heard of Zofran but I'll look into it, thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts