Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a chronic IBS-D sufferer and have been for years but recently I have had 2 terrible kidney stone attacks. Does anyone else suffer from both and if so have you found any tips to relieve the kidney stone attacks.... They are crippling & the last one put me in the emergency room.... Help!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,I too have IBS and recently passed my first kidney stone. I was blessed that it only hurt for a few minutes and I passed it, but I knew as soon as I felt that pain in my back that something was wrong. I found on a website for kidney stones that taking certian supplements can decrease your chances of having another one by 80%. It depends on what kind of stone your passing though. I would have them test the stone to find out what kind it is, and then ask your doctor about vitamin b-complex, magnesium citrate, and potassiam. If you have the common kind then these supplements might give you a break from having them so often. My family has a long history of kidney stones. My grandmother lost a kidney to one, so I can relate with you not wanting to have them. To me the pain is worse than labor! Good luck and God bless.Cyndi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Cyndi for the info.... W/ IBS-D and kidney stones I'm hurting in the front & the back.... Luckily the stones don't come near as often as the daily IBS-D battle... Fun ain't it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.