Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need help.... does anyone else outthere dread this time of month? im missing time off work and my period is heavy enough without the worry of my bowel.... my doctor has gave me mefenamic acid to trial???

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I've never heard of mefenamic acid. Hope it helps you. But, yes, IBS tends to flare up more when a woman has her cycle because of the hormone increase. We can't win for losing, can we?!Some people will go on birth control to moderate the period and ease the symptoms during that time of the month. Have you ever tried this?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi I have IBS-C and I know when menses come, it is terrible. But I have figured out a routine for myself. Maybe it will help you. (I don't really believe in medication bcos it was medication that gave me IBS).What I do is every night, I take carrot juice, yogurt (I am not lactose intolerant, thank god) and one apple (for roughage). Every morning at a predetermined time, I have BM. This keeps the IBS at bay. Also, during this time, I am very careful with food. I only take safe foods during menses. It seems to work and the days I suffer has drastically reduced (sometimes just one morning). In the past, it used to be days where I would curl up and can’t even get out of bed. Hope this helps. I have learnt quite a bit from a free ebook I downloaded from www.ibs-relieftips.com.Good luck. Prem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.