Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,I'm new to the group, though I've been following the posts for a short while. I'm glad that a finally found a community of people who share my woes and most of call, can understand what Im going through
I've had IBS-D for more years than I care to remember. I believe it started when I was still in my teens, and has been getting steadily worse since. I've been officially diagnosed with IBS a couple of years ago when my family doctor advised that I visit a gastro doc and I finally scrounged up the courage to go and hear the worst.I've tried lots of stuff - Colonix, Colpermin, various food combinations. Some helped a little, for a short while. Most did nothing. I've discovered that I can't eat almost any veggies or fruits, or milk products, or spices. Right now Im down to rice, bread (that I bake at home in a bread machine) and yellow cheese. I know it can't be healthy, but until I get the latest flare-up under control I have no choice.And here is my question. How can IBS-D be handled during pregnancy (and especially attempts to get pregnant, when I can't know for sure when I'm there)? My husband and I would like to start trying for a baby, but I'm very nervous about it. There are lots of pills that help pass the day, but I can assume most of them are forbidden. And what about the cramps, the inability to eat healthy food, etc? Can anyone please give me some sound advice? Thanks.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Your diet sounds like mine.. I can eat white meats and fish.... only fruit is applesauce, veggies are carrots and broccoli... other wise it is pasta, rice, etc...I think what you may have to do it see a GYN before you start trying... You are going to want to have blood tests to make sure of what is going on now.. That way if there are things you need to have taken care of you can do that.. You are going to want to be in good health physically and nutrition wise to conceive and carry out the pregnancy...Best wishes to you...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.