Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for people with IBS who have alternating D and C: How often do you have D? And when you have an episode of D, how many times do you have the D?Just wanting to see what other people experience.Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
ok, no hard a fast rule here, but when I'm a real cycle of C/D, I typically have 2-4 days of C and then 1 day of D. Usually go 2-5 times until it feels like I am cleaned out. And the days of C are essentially days of nothing - no bowle movements, no urges. maybe some pangs the last day but not much. I'll also go through periods of D daily with going once or twice per daythis was typical for me for years. since making some changes inclduing doing hypno, some things have changed. I feel it more when I am C, meaning that I can have that full feeling and the urge to without much luck. But also more often, it works itself out with coming to D. I still go through periods of D for a couple of weeks. or even the explosive out of no where D. But les often then I used to .nancy

·
Registered
654 Posts
I am mostly c, until recently I could go days with no bm, but a feeling of fullness inthe rectum was usually there. Then after 5 days or so terrible cramps and about 4 trips to the bathroom with loose bm. Last couple of months have ben a little better with fruits, vegies, fiber etc. I still strain sometimes, but usually have a pretty good bm in the morning. Sometimes maybe once a week a still get d and go four or five times before i'm done.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have D once or twice a week. When it occurs, I have it 2-6 times (once every 10-30 minutes). Then my colon is pretty well cleaned out I think, so I have C for 3-6 days, followed by more D. With the C, I'll get crampy and bloated after 4 days.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hello!I'm an IBS C/D person too. I notice I get D up to a week before my period. I had D for 6 days straight until I got it. That was the worst! Then I switch to C for a day or two..I think I'm more of a pain suffer though. I usually go normally but not without spasms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts