Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if they have pain on the left hand side, very low down, just above the pubic bone. Its a sort of pulsing pain which I've had for the last four days, two days before my period started, which I presume started it off. This happened last month aswell, but this month I'm in panic mode and even though I've got the rumbling gas, sporadic urgent trips to the toilet with D etc, I'm concerned about this pain. I think I've had it previously but the panic has just set in!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi sunnysher,I have the same pulsing pain on lower left side. It has been there as long as I can remember. It got really bad about 4 years ago and my D got so bad I basically stopped eating and was losing about 10lbs a week. Had all sorts of test and finally went to OB/GYN. Found out after a lap surgery that I had endometriosis and that the tendons holding my uterus had endo on them. Had it removed and the pain went away for about a year. After that the pain came back along with the D and so off I went for more surgery. Not saying this is your problem but you might want to check with your OB/GYN. Hope this helps

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi sizl37, I think your right about my pain in my side as it does seem to go away after my period so I think it may be similar to what you had. The more I worry though, the worse the IBS D gets and then I really start to imagine the worst. Thanks for replying though, I dont feel so worried now, by the way where are you from, I'm from Wales in UK?

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Just a note. I get that pounding left sided pain too and was checked for endo but don't have it. It's worthwhile making sure you don't (sorry, make that important you make sure) but it might just be the way your body is round that time, like mine

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I too get it. It feels like the same pain I had 17 years ago when I did have endo/ I got another laporoscopy done a few years ago to see if the endo was back.My Dr did not want to do it. Said it is the intestines and bowel. I thgouth for SURE it was endo and I would kill 2 birds with one stone. Wrong again. He did not see any. But my GI said it was intestine and bowel too.Pain in the ---

1 - 5 of 5 Posts