Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering do a drug research for IBS "D" here in Ohio. I'm not sure what the drug is yet. Are the history and physical workup through? What all is involve as far as test. Are these research clinics caring towards their subjects or are you just an object being tested. I would like to participate and hopefully get a handle on this IBS even if I feel good during the trial if I get the drug. The way my IBS is I will probably get the placebo. I am interested in hearing what others have to say about this topic.Bill

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Maybe someone who went through the trials can post here. But I have heard nothing but good things about the way study subjects are treated. You have to have a thorough work-up, of course, and they will take your history. I was in a study for a woman's hormone about eight years ago and I never felt like an object. I was treated quite well, and when it didn't work out, I was taken off. You are certainly free to go off the study, too, if you just can't complete it. I wish you luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.