Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping that as I get older this situation will get better but now I am not so sure. This IBS is making me angry, anxious, and phobic. I love food but knowing that anything I eat will make me run to the toilet like a criminal running from the cops, makes me hate food. Lately, I have been coming up with so many excuses as to why I don't go out with friends to have lunch or dinner. And I am totally avoiding dating because I don't want to have any accidents if I go out to dinner with a guy. I am even noticing that if I do not eat, my stomach still gets tight and I feel the urge to run. At work I eat breakfast and skip lunch because I don't want my colleagues to see me go to the bathroom so much. I keep losing weight and I already have a thyroid problem so that makes it a double edge sword
. I am always hungry, which worsens matters. Immodium helps briefly but I do not want to depend on it. And the last time I took it, I had the stomach cramps from hell. There is no relief to this embarrassing situation. Or is there?

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
There are an enormous number of people who have had relief with a little Caltrate with every meal. Others have found remission with CBT and Hypno. There are some of us who have been able to eliminate dietary antagonists and find relief there. There seem to be a small body of people here who are having success with vitamin D. I've been D free since the end of 1999 with flavonoid supplements. Hope that helps.Mark

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark thank you so much for taking the time to share this information with me. I have been so frustrated over this D that my mood has been horrible. I will look into these supplements and see if I can get some relief as well. Again, thank you so much
Rosa

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.