Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just can't figure out what's going on in my body. I have been diagnosed by a GI as having IBS and he prescribed me Pamine which would cause me to not sweat. I did not take the meds for fear that the side effects would be worse than the affliction. I recently lost 16 pounds and changed my diet up. I have also de-stressed myself and so the IBS calmed down for a bit. Then the holidays hit and the constipation set in. I haven't been going regularly in almost a month. I have been doing a detox this week called "The Cleaner" and it hasn't even been working that well. My body just isn't digesting properly and making waste. I just feel so blocked and full and it makes me not want to do anything. Any advice anyone? Does IBS ever get better or will I be going from one extreme to the other? As always, I appreciate all of your help.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Constipation isn't about not digesting properly, it is about not moving what is left over from your food once you are done with it well. Although the holidays often get us very off schedule and away from our regular diet.Not sure what is in your cleanse. Some of them are just strong stimulatory laxatives, some are just fiber. Too much fiber sometimes makes constipation worse.I'd start with a mild osmotic laxative and take it every day for a few days. So either like a half dose of MOM or some magnesium oxide tablets or take some miralax. Make sure you are drinking enough water, and check to see how much fiber is in your diet and you may need to play with that (sometimes less is more, some people need more, you will have to see). Some people find sorbitol containing fruits work as an osmotic laxative so apple and pear (if you don't want the extra fiber drink juice) as well a peaches, cherries and plums/prunes.IBS sometimes gets better, but can't tell you if you will be luck or not.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts