Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm a 20 year old male who occasionally suffers from IBS-C symptoms. On Friday I moved from the UK to Japan. During my layover in Dubai I went to Burger King, and I think I must've eaten way too quickly or I ate something that didn't agree with me, as the next 10 hours on the flight to Tokyo I felt very bloated/gassy and quite uncomfortable.

I arrived in Tokyo on Saturday and went to the toilet twice and passed diarrhoea. Other than the diarrhoea, though, I had no other discomfort/pain. In the next 2 days I developed a nasty cold (probably due to jet lag/lack of sleep/travelling for 18 hours) but my stomach was fine. Monday afternoon and I noticed I was having stomach problems again. It was a slight discomfort with diarrhoea at first, but it was bearable enough that I ignored it and went about as usual.

Tuesday I woke up and my cold was mostly gone, but my stomach had gotten worse. I had gas/cramps all day and diarrhoea every few hours. I ate very little in the hope that I wouldn't upset my stomach, and took sips of water. That night I had awful cramps, and was woken up at about 1am by an excruciating abdominal pain. I had diarrhoea again then was awake for the next 4 hours.

Today (Wednesday), I woke up and felt fine for an hour or so, but the abdominal cramps came back, and I've been rushing off to the bathroom with diarrhoea every hour. I've eaten absolutely nothing and have tried taking sips of water/energy drinks, but I have diarrhoea almost immediately. I've had diarrhoea about 10 times today (it's 9pm) which really confuses me as I haven't eaten anything. On top of that the abdominal pain is quite bad.

I'm quite lost as to what this could be. I'm thinking my body disagreed with what I ate in Dubai (triggering IBS), or I caught a stomach bug. That or my cold triggered IBS, but the symptoms are different from what I usually experience (usually constipation, never diarrhoea, and the symptoms last for a few hours, not a few days).

I'd really appreciate any advice on what to do. I'm in so much pain at the moment and I can't drink anything without instantly having diarrhoea. I'm also quite worried about getting dehydrated, as I've literally had about 250ml of liquid all day. I try to drink more, but any time I do my stomach starts hurting and I have diarrhoea.

Thanks a lot in advance!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Have you been tested for C. Diff. ?

It doesn't sound like food poisoning, but a doctor would give you the best advice on that........... In my experience, food poisoning only lasts for one day, and the next day I am fine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts