Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, what a great board. Here's my story. I am 6 months post RNY gastric bypass and have had chronic D ever since I received the surgery. Weight continues to fall at a high rate despite good eating. I tried low fat and Gluten diet, but makes no difference. GI doc has tried me on pancreatic enymes, Welchol, Flagyl, and now Lotrenex (2 days little improvement so far). Do you think it's possible to get IBS from this surgey? Only 20 inches of small intestine was bypassed, I have read that you can lose up to half your small intestine and still function normally. Anyway, I am really starting to hate my life and am begining to lean toward trying to get this reversed. I would rather be fat and healty (I know) than thin and sick all the time. Also I am so impatient for things to work. If I do not see improvemnt in 2-3 days I figure it will not work for me. Is this irrational thinking on my part. I am already on an anti-depressant for this and want to do everything I can to get better. Many thanks for all the wisdom and sharing on this board. BestTom

·
Registered
617 Posts
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWw Man that sucks. You tried to do something healthy and ended up in worse straits. That bites. I frankly do not know anyone else that has D from that though. Although I believe you. I know about 4 people who have had that and they do speak of alot of gas though. I pray you find health.

G

·
I have had small bowel surgeries for adhesions, 4 feet of small bowel was removed. Anyhow it took about 3 years to get some control and get the bowel to heal and function. What worked for me was calcium tabs, flaxseed oil and fish oil liquids. I have been taking the oils for almost one year and there has been a difference in my bowel function. The D is so much less.Good luck to you and stay focused. CharPS: some anti depressants can cause D.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.