Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,lets start out with the name, With the Colestid (colestipol hydrochloride for oral suspension) the problem is solved.Look my wife and I have been taking this stuff for 12 years and we haven't had a bit of a problem since.Everyone we tell about it, who takes it. Says there problem is gone also.Now the thing is, you have to take it every morning. This was made for people with cholesterol problems, but it also solves IBS-D too.George

· Registered
480 Posts
curing IBS isnt as smiple as that lol. What works for one, worsens another's symptoms so it doesnt always "solve" us.I had this in the beginning it worsen my D and gave my projectile vomiting for 12 hours! its not always good to as most of them contain citrus all the ones i had did, amy not be the case and alot of us have problem with citrus
though i hope this post helps someone
for the rest of us keep trying!

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What side effects may occur?Side effects cannot be anticipated. If any develop or change in intensity, inform your doctor as soon as possible. Only your doctor can determine if it is safe for you to continue taking Colestid. Most common side effects may include: Constipation, worsening of hemorrhoids Less common or rare side effects may include: Abdominal bloating or distention/cramping/pain, aches and pains in arms and legs, angina (crushing chest pain), anxiety, arthritis, backache, belching, bleeding hemorrhoids, blood in stool, bone pain, chest pain, diarrhea, dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue, gas, headache, heartburn, hives, indigestion, insomnia, joint pain, light-headedness, loose stools, loss of appetite, migraine, muscle pain, nausea, rapid heartbeat, rash, shortness of breath, sinus headache, skin inflammation, swelling of hands or feet, vertigo,((((( vomiting )))), weakness

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It comes Unflavored without Citrus also, it has helped many more then it has hurt. Only by taking it can you tell if it will work. It also comes in 1mg Tablets also. It didn't work for you because your on the Rare side. My friend had TURBO D's and had lived with it for 20 years, after I gave him (1) packet of it. He went out and did something he was never able to do, he had a big Sub Sandwitch and a big smile on his face.It's not for everyone, but it works for many!George
quote:Originally posted by kateandtink:curing IBS isnt as smiple as that lol. What works for one, worsens another's symptoms so it doesnt always "solve" us.I had this in the beginning it worsen my D and gave my projectile vomiting for 12 hours! its not always good to as most of them contain citrus all the ones i had did, amy not be the case and alot of us have problem with citrus
though i hope this post helps someone
for the rest of us keep trying!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.