Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, well after having a colonoscopy, celiac tests, blood tests, endoscopy, all is clear so they have diagnosed IBS. I have recently had a bad flare up, where i was having D after every meal and lots of pain, heartburn, foul smelling wind ect. The doctor gave me peppermint tablets and Mebeverine, which calmed everything down. i stopped the tablets about a week ago and have had a week of being ok, last night I had lots of stomach noises and horrible smelling wind, i went to the toilet passed some hard stools then lots of very loose stools, but funnily enough no pain. I am now worrying that its not IBS, as I usually have bad pain, i have terrible anxiety at the moment due to some stress at home and work, but wonder why i had no pain last night (not that i am complaining) just a bit worried as i cant really think rationally at the moment. I keep on thinking about Ovarian Cancer for some reason i have that stuck in my head.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Painless weird stools really is not a symptom of anything else and IBS can have varying amounts of pain.Usually the GI symptom that is Ovarian cancer vs IBS is bloating. While both can cause bloating, IBS bloating tends to come and go (like worse after meals then OK between, or less in the morning but worse in the evening, may be some days and not others). Ovarian Cancer bloating tends to start fairly suddenly, cause a big change in waist size (so there is distension in addition to any sensations of fullness and pressure) and it doesn't let up at all.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.