Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some suggestions-- I have a car trip planned that will take 6-8 hours. I am having a flare-up now, but I really have to go on this trip. Does anyone have any suggestions for controlling the diarrhea while in the car? I'm already worried about it and it's probably going to make it worse! HELP!!! I already take loperamide, but I'm not sure if it's safe to take everyday, and how much to take. It does seem to work- THANKS!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Many people on this board have had success using probiotics while traveling. You might want to use the search link above to find more info. I haven't tried it yet, but they're in my fridge for the next time I travel, or the next round of antibiotics I have to take.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I went through the same thing a few weeks back. I found that sticking to a eating routine prior and caring on with it while traveling helped. Also I had to cut back on my liquids while in the car and kept a snack (dried fruit) beside me so my stomach was never empty. THings went pretty well. But, dont stress about it and remember there are rest stops everywhere.(or bushes) hehe

·
Registered
263 Posts
My doc gave me lotrimil for the diarrhea and it works great, too great, then I get constipation. It's derived from opium, so be careful. I take it sparingly, but he suggested as needed before bedtime and when I wake up and every four hours if needed more. I would take your "anti-diarrhea" med and anti-cramping med before traveling and every four hours diligently while traveling. Good luck!!! I'm planning my trips by plane whenever possible! Hope it works out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.