Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone can relate?from Oct to Feb last year I had sever D, EVERY day. Somtimes took Diacalm tablets (for D) and Zoton (for heart-burn) but other than that I tried to manage.However, the last few weeks things have changed. Im not on any meds but my BM's have changed. I would not say that I am C, but stools sppear 'normal' now - not too soft and not too hard. However, stools seem very large and Im in lots of pain when i 'go' for a #2 !!!Ive been trying to eat Bran for breakfast and more fibre, but things are not getting any easier.Every morning I am stuck in the loo for 10 mins and in great pain while having a BM. Also, I am passing blood. I am convinced that its nothing serious as I had a colonocopy a few months back, however I assume that passing these large stools has caused 'hemmies' or caused me to 'tear'. It doesnt seem to be healing either. everytime I 'go' im in pain and blood is passing.Any advice pls???? (sorry to be so graphical)

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Vikki:You probably should run this past your doc. I've always been told that whenever there is a change to let them know. And, if you have hemmies, I think they can give you a cream or something. I've never had them, so I'm really not sure what they use.How much bran are you eating? Some of the cereals are real high in fiber, and if you get carried away (like I did once, lol), and eat tons of it when you first get started, things can get weird. Your body needs to adjust to the extra amounts of fiber. Also, make sure you're drinking plenty of water.Take care, and I hope it gets better soon.JeanG

1 - 3 of 3 Posts