Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So over the last week or so I seem to have had difficulty going... and feel full.I've always been on the loose side, for years. I don't know what's changed? Hormones? I'm now on my third month of cerazette birth control. Everything else is the same... eating the same, same vitamins, same probiotics.I don't want to take anything to move it along, simply because of my IBS-D. So I've just having fiberous food.I was slightly loose on Tuesday morning, so took two Imodium... maybe that's part of what has caused this.I've read a bit about people being sick with constipation recently... that's not common is it? I have emetophobia.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
I've read a bit about people being sick with constipation recently... that's not common is it? I have emetophobia.
No.. not that I am aware of. You might just want to scale back your imodium dosage when you do have to use it. Perhaps 1 tab would have been better than taking 2 for you now. Also don't be afraid to try eating some more soluble fiber... gradually increase it though... I wouldn't eat a whole bunch at once... just a bit at a time. It is hard when one goes form one to the other.. but if this is the first time... it may simply mean you have managed your D just fine and need to lighten up a bit on your techniques is all.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I too suffer IBS-D (everday for 7 yrs) and when i do occassionally take immodiium find the effects to be really speradic, sometimes no effect at all other times really blocked up for days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts