Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have not tried this, I tried metamucil which is about the same isn't it. Well, for D I don't think IBS-D should try this because it makes things worse. I would drink a glass and be running within 1 hour. I think it's for people with IBS-C Good Luck

G

·
It's VERY important for IBS D people to have plenty of fiber too! I used to take metimucil morning and night and now take Fibre Choice. I haven't had an attack since I started eating low carb - high protein in July but I still take the fibre! Carlene

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey EC.....I am ibs-d and I use citrucel. The important things to keep in mind are to start it gradually and to use it regularly. I started with 1 teaspoon and now take 2 tablespoons once a day. I took about 2 weeks to work up to the regular dosage. This will help with avoiding gas and bloating. I take it at the same time every single day and feel like it helps a lot. I definitely recommend it. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Are the fibers all the same?I first started with metamucil in the a.m,and had terrible "D" except that it was more gel formed,but still I was going the same.Then I tried the fiber choice,that was worse yet,for several days everything I ate went right through,and for several days after I had stopped,it was just as bad.Do you think the citrucil is any different?I'd be anxious to know.------------------ShyOne (D-type)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ShyOne:there's a URL on this BB: http://www.cyberdiet.com/modules/gi/mainta...lems/fiber.html that lists different foods and the amount of fiber in them. Seems that soluble fiber (oats, rice) is better for IBS - D and insoluble fiber (bran) is better for IBS - C.I'm really interested IBS - D experience taking Citrucel if there are any out there in cyberspace.echris (IBS - D, 24 years and counting)[This message has been edited by echris (edited 11-25-2000).]

G

·
Hey echris, I am taking Citrucel now. it definitely helped me with nightime gas. I have been off and on Citrucel several times. When beginning Citrucel, I take 1/2 teaspoon for about 1 week then work up to maybe 1 full teaspoon. This seems to do the trick for me. It is very important to take it at the same time each day so your body's internal clock can get used to processing it every 24 hrs. For me, Cirtucel is much gentler on my system. I cannot tolerate Metamucil at all. It goes directly through me in a few hours. When you first start C you may become gassy but stick with it because your body will adjust to the extra fiber. Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.