Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Usually Iron tends to cause constipation, it can bother the stomach...gastritis sort of thing I think, but that wouldn't necessarily cause diarrhea.What does of iron (was it a prescription one).A lower dose or maybe a different version...Let me check.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Usually Iron tends to cause constipation, it can bother the stomach...gastritis sort of thing I think, but that wouldn't necessarily cause diarrhea.What does of iron (was it a prescription one).A lower dose or maybe a different version...Let me check.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
OK...sites say diarrhea and constipation (but that is still separate from if it irritates the stomach rather than the intestines).One site on various supplements suggested the ferrous gluconate is easier on some people's digestive tracts.K.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
OK...sites say diarrhea and constipation (but that is still separate from if it irritates the stomach rather than the intestines).One site on various supplements suggested the ferrous gluconate is easier on some people's digestive tracts.K.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I had to take iron a while back(even before IBS D) and got bad stomach cramps and big time diarreha from it , I will not take it. I know it was from the iron pills because when I stopped taking them I was OK , then I started then again ans got D right away.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I had to take iron a while back(even before IBS D) and got bad stomach cramps and big time diarreha from it , I will not take it. I know it was from the iron pills because when I stopped taking them I was OK , then I started then again ans got D right away.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I was told I had low iron so I started taking Slow FE, but it was during a time I knew even less than I know now about what sets me off so I stopped (the doctor told me to because he said it's been known to aggravate the stomach). I don't know if you're a vegetarian or not, but you can get iron from red meat, chicken, turkey (any kind of meat) and peanut butter. I try to have meat a couple times a week (luckily it's one of the things that doesn't set me off).

·
Registered
601 Posts
I was told I had low iron so I started taking Slow FE, but it was during a time I knew even less than I know now about what sets me off so I stopped (the doctor told me to because he said it's been known to aggravate the stomach). I don't know if you're a vegetarian or not, but you can get iron from red meat, chicken, turkey (any kind of meat) and peanut butter. I try to have meat a couple times a week (luckily it's one of the things that doesn't set me off).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.