Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have the problem that I have? When under physical stress (i.e. travel, even domestic, or being in a work situation that doesn't offer something to avoid a trigger food) I get so sick that I end up in the hospital. At first it is cramping and D and then nausea and the vomitting won't stop.After ruling out other things including Celiac's, my doctor says that he's doing something that is based on a theory. He says that it has been reported that some people with IBS-D that get this nausea and vomitting have either gotten a bacteria or have a bacteria that is naturally occuring that grows out of control. Some theories say that this bacteria can cause ulcers and all kinds of other distresses.In any case, I have been taken from a work function to the hospital three times now (not to mention the other times that I made it home and went to the ER after leaving politely. Is this something that happens to others? I see a lot about the colon issues but not much about the combination.My doctor is treating me based on the theory (he says that there has been some success) by giving me a combination of Prevacid and a strong quinalone type antibiotic to kill off everything and then give me the chance to rebuild healthy bacteria with probiotics after the treatment is done. Has anyone else done this?Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what he was describing but I didn't know that there was a name for it. He just decided to go straight to the antibiotics. After this, Probiotics and peppermint sound good.Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.