Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,I am new to the forum, although I have had IBS for about 9 months. I have dealt with it rather well with a combination of diet, nexium and yoga. That was until Saturday when a bit too much garlic in my food seemed to exacerbate my condition. I have head rushes, constant nausea and stomach bloating. I have used compazine in the past (but prefer not too now), does anyone have any recommendations on getting back to ground zro, square one, so that I am least functional?

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
You could try some Ginger tea or Ginger capsules. They can work very well on nausea. (I would use the ginger caps if you have GERD or heartburn issues though) Use some anti gas product with your meals. (Anything with simethicone in it can help).Hopefully it will pass soon for you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you; I usually place ginger root in my mouth and have been doing that for the last hour or so...tough day with this today. Do you have any suggestions on getting your gut to relax a bit? I keep running back and forth to the bathroom and relief seems like a distant memory.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Are you running back & forth with Diarrhea or what?? If you are having D take some imodium. (And make sure you are getting enough water into you!)I have a prescription for an antispasmodic and that can help slow one's gut down. So if you do not have a prescription for an antispasmodic from your Dr., I would call & ask for one.Also keep your diet a bit bland etc til this calms down. Sucking on ginger root itself MIGHT kick up your upper GI problems like heartburn etc. So when you can.. I would try to get some capsules and use those instead. With the capsules..you will get more concentrated ginger and hopefully skip any upper GI problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.