Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone get rectal irritation & itching from spastic colon or diverticulosis and do they bleed ocasionally

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
George,Yes, welcome to the club! Have diverticulosis, IBS, hemorrhoids, and recent radiation for prostate cancer. Experienced bleeding from the hemorrhoids and anal fissures. Went on a high fiber diet from this site on "Bleeding Anus" and it is helping a great deal. http://www.dnai.com/~dcooley/cancer/cablean.htm Daily Metamusil, Caltrate, and high fiber foods. Vitamine E worsens the bleeding. Use dicyclomine for diverticulosis spasms and Levsin for stomach spasms. Things have slowed down greatly.42

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
Generally the rectal itching and bleeding comes from hemaroids (internal or external) but alot of what goes on with IBS and diverticulosis can irritate them.Try tucks pads (or other generic pads with witch hazel or make your own with witch hazel and cotten balls) or one of the products for soothing hemaroidal itching and see if it helps.And talk to your doctor about this symptom in case they feel they need to check to make sure it's just hemmies.K.------------------I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I have diverticulosis and internal hemmies, and sometimes get that rectal irriation..sometimes almost like a burning sensation. The things that work best are plain witch hazel applied to the affected area with a cotton swab. It will sting at first...but heals that "raw" "itchy" feeling in a matter of hours. After applying the witch hazel follow up by applying some sort of cream or salve. If my hemmies are acting up, I use Prep. H...if not, just plain vasaline helps.------------------"Remember To Stop and Smell the Roses"Rose (C-type)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would be a good idea to get your doctor to check you out due to the rectal bleeding. This is usually due to something simple but it is best to check anyway.Caz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.