Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had a link to the study that was done maybe 6-8 months ago on IBS and quality of life? I'm trying to track it down so I can send it to some jerk-off of a Dr. that I was recently referred to. He basically told me it was all in my head and that all his other patients with IBS get on just fine and are completely happy. He also hadn't heard of Hypnotherapy for IBS either, basically the guy is clueless but I still want to send him some info so he is more informed for the next patient.I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could find that study for me.Thanks.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
Good luck with this. I doubt that the good doctor will give a s**t. He doesn't sound like the kind who makes mistakes. It will simply be in all of our heads. (Then again, perhaps the study was all in your head, as well.)Mark

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good luck with this. I doubt that the good doctor will give a s**t. He doesn't sound like the kind who makes mistakes. It will simply be in all of our heads. (Then again, perhaps the study was all in your head, as well.)Mark
Haha, well atleast I will give it a try. I'm also going to call my GP (referring dr.) and let him know just how bad this guy was.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are a bunch of studies, you may have to scan through pubmed to find which one you are thinking of.Here is onehttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14621276
Thanks Kathleen, if I remember correctly the initial survey was on this site and the results were published and came up on my news feed but when I search google I can't find it, just a bunch of other confusing surveys. This one was really clear-cut and showed just how badly IBS effects the quality of life of sufferers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.