Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finding it increasingly difficult dealing with IBS because my symptoms vary so much on a day-to-day basis. Some days it's as if there is NOTHING wrong with me and other days I have to cancel my plans to spend time on the loo (and I'm not even IBS-D). What makes this worse if that I suffer from emetophobia (fear of vomiting) and every stomach cramp/pain/ache sends my anxiety wayyyyy up. I'm trying to manage my symptoms as best I can but I'm finding my main problems to be pain and cramping before and after a BM and sporadic nausea during the day. I wake up in the morning and feel as though I'm going to have diarrhea but usually never do. I know for me what works is plenty of fibre and eating plain yogurt everyday. I'm just at a loss at how to deal with all of this mentally. I'm currently unemployed and have been for over a year (I'm on a payment for jobseekers at the moment) but it's not enough and I know I'll have to resume fulltime work quite soon, but just the thought of having to deal with all of this and HAVE to regularly attend work is extremely worrying. I often waste the entire morning going through my rituals and making sure I've ''finished'' for the day before I leave the house.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.