Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am suffering from IBS D for more than a decade and since last week I suffer from severe cramps, bloating, gas and pain.
i have started taking rifaxamin, Yogurt but still not much respite from pain.
any advice to get relief from pain.

· Registered
313 Posts
I have no advice but sending support and I feel your pain. I get bad pain when I’m constipated, I’m struggling right now with pain. Maybe ask your doctor about pain medication? There are options that aren’t addicting.

· Registered
3 Posts
I get in flares that are horrible and cause terrible anxiety. When the flare starts I drink a lot of cold water with ice, 32 ounces of chamomile tea, every 8 hours, famotadine, and gas x, but I do all of this within an hour each other, I also make myself sip on soup, unless the nausea and pain gets worse, then I wait till my bloating and swelling goes down and have hunger. I also use tummy drops that can be bought on Amazon and I get the peppermint and Intense Ginger flavors, and Ginger Rescue, the strong formula, I use these daily, I also use my heating pad throughout the flare. if I cannot get out of pain within 8-12 hours I take donnatol liquid and that usually works after all else has not completely stopped the pain and spasms, you might want to ask your doctor about levsin and bentyl. I have been suffering since a little girl and had many emergency visits since infancy, I would also recommend lots of ice cold ginger ale these are all anti inflammatory and get the bowels to stay awake and ease pain. I have vomited and in bed for days from pain so I understand. I have fainted many times from my pain. I also use Boost to keep my weight up and the nutrition and fiber, also requests some type of anti depressant as a possibility to assist with your treatment, I suffer daily with either IBS-C or IBS-D. My body likes to keep it interesting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts