Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize I haven't visited this board in quite a while and there is very good reason for that. I don't feel like I need it as much anymore!! Double edged sword I know, I really have received a lot of help here and have enjoyed my time, but the last few months have been absolutely wonderful for me. I would just like to take a moment and share my story, it will be as brief as possible. Last year in April, my fiancee cancelled our wedding which was 8 weeks away. He told me he still loved me, just wasn't ready to get married. OK, I can accept that. Well, of course we had our problems, I was angry and hurt, and he was confused. Ok, we tried to work on that. Well, a few weeks later, lo and behold, I found out that he was having a relationship with another woman. OK, call me an idiot, I forgave him and stayed with him. Well, what do you know, 3 months later I am so sick with IBS-D and had lost 43 pounds, and was so sad that I couldn't get off my couch. After 9 very unsupportive months of my constant illness and depression, I left him FINALLY in April of this year. I can not begin to tell you how much better my life has been in these last 3 months. I have 80% less symptoms, and I can go places and do things that a year ago today I would have thought impossible due to my condition. I still have to be really careful about diet, stress, etc., but just by eliminating the most major cause of emotional turmoil in my life, my symptoms have faded significantly. I believe that once you develop IBS, you probably have it forever, and you have to change your life and be more careful. I also believe that my very emotionally challenged relationship was the number one cause of my problems in the first place, and by dissolving that relationship, it has done wonders to my mental as well as phsyical health. I have recently began seeing someone who is completely sympathetic to my "bowel problems" and let me tell you, it makes a big difference to have someone support you instead of telling you that it is all in your head. Wether it be a relationship, a job, a family problem, whatever that you might have going on in your life, I would suggest from experience that you do what you can do to eliminate it from your life, and hopefully you can experience the relief that I have.I wish all of you luck!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good for you Jazzy! It takes a lot of strength to start anything new and sometimes it's even harder to do things for yourself you know you should. Glad to hear your doing great!Aubs

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.