Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to say that I don't know what happened, but after having SEVERE, and I mean SEVERE IBS symptoms since mid-May of this year, about 2 weeks ago, they just disappeared. After losing 45 pounds since the beginning of June, I can finally eat again. Whatever I want. Example, today, I had Spaghetti-O's. Weird what foods you crave when you can't have them. I have also been eating fast food like it is going out of style, 2 or 3 times a day sometimes, and although I have only gained back about 5 pounds of what I lost, I am working on it. I go out of the house now without the "what if's?". I go on long trips, and drink soda. My dr's are still working on a "diagnosis" more solid than IBS, as my family has a history of Crohn's, colon cancer, bad gallbladders, and messed up thyroids. Yeah, so I had a CT scan Tuesday night. Drinking barium was about the worst experience I have ever had, and THANK THE LORD ABOVE I was riding home with my Mommy, cause I didn't QUITE make it home from the hospital. And let me tell you, I have not had D like that in a month, it actually kinda felt good to get cleaned out again. And I didn't freak out the next day about it, didn't even worry once that I wasn't "all done". So, I don't know what the h-e-double hockey sticks is going on with my body, but I realized than when I quit worrying about it so much, it really did get better. When I made myself leave my house and drive an hour away just to prove I could do it, things got a lot better. Paxil helped, the side effects only lasted 2 or 3 days, but I made myself believe that I wasn't "sick" and that I could do it. Don't get me wrong, there are still the "oh no, gotta go" feelings, but they don't send me into a state of pure panic anymore. I pray for this for all of you that are suffering, I really thought my life was over for a while there. Prayers go out to all of you.PS, MikeNL. I just wanted to tell you that you seriously crack me up. I will read any post that you have responded to just to read your words of wisdome. Thank you for your light humor, posts like yours really made this whole thing much easier for me. I will continue to visit this board if for nothing else, your posts. Thank you, thank you, and a million more thank you's to you. Best of luck to you in the future. By the way, I have been looking all over for some info regarding your son's scandalous relationship, but can't seem to find out what you have indulged to our little community. You had mentioned something about it in a post recently. THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND INSPIRATION. MAYBE SOMEONE IS PLAYING A CRUEL JOKE ON MY GIVING ME THIS FREEDOM FROM PAIN AND SUFFERING AND I WILL BE BACK WITH A VENGENCE. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

·
Registered
390 Posts
Two weeks of freedom and counting sounds great! I wish I could have that vacation from suffering. My symptoms aren't severe but enough to suck the liviness out of me. My dad had D problems for 4 or 5 months and now its gone like it was something of the past to be forgotten about. I've had a gas problem since mid-May with 70% improvement...still I won't be satisfied until I get 100%. Perhaps I'll try the VSL/Primal Defense combo that is working for Pete so well.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Welcome back, Jazzy. You're going to love it, here on the other side. Hopefully this will give everyone encouragement to keep on trying everything, until we all find something that works for us.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I hope it stays that way...
...don't want to scare you or anything, but I had the same thing happen to me, for two or three weeks. Thought IBS was outta my life for good. Ha, it came back. At least it gave me some hope. I wish you well, and still come visit us.Take care,
Love,Jadair--- :love:

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Hi Jazzy!I did not ignore your post but I am in Tampa for a few days at a conference and for some reason the dialup acces from this hotel is the most horrendous I have ever seen...have to bang the numbers 10-15 times before I get a connection that does not disconnect due to "poor line condition" within 30 seconds...then it just arbitrarily knocks me off every few minutes.Anyway:a. Glad to find I help pass the time, sometimes.b. Glad you have achhieved spontaneous remission.c. Glad to find the links to the odd story of JustinNL for you...as soon as I get back home to my blessed DSL line and my highly sophisticated EMachine....where life on the web is less confounding!Talk to you soon...Tuesday probably....when I can cast about for the threads without fear of cyber-decapitation
Take care!MNL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.