Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd share my new breakfast with everyone, as it seems to be the best thing I have found so far. It's Quaker Oats Low Sugar Apple & Cinnamon Oatmeal. Give it a try, it should give you enough energy to get through the day, and not screw your gut up. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi Stay,I discovered the oatmeal about 6 months ago. I have IBS-D. I eat oatmeal every morning, and it has made a world of difference. It doesn't agggravate my gut, and gives me the needed fiber, so the D doesn't rear its ugly head. I found that I can eat just about all of the flavors of the instant oatmeal, except the one with blueberries in it.I hope it continues to work as well for as it has for me.

·
Registered
686 Posts
i have been eating scots porridge oats on and off for the last 42 yrs i was force fed it when i was a mere child my mum and dad said eat it up its good for you, if you do it will see you through life ha! lol. i make mine with soya milk and a wee bit of salt yum yum! also i like to add raisins or sultanas its even better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For a change try this recipe.One batch should last you a week or more.1/2 cup brown rice1/2 cup steel cut(pin)oats1/2 cup bulgar1/2 cup rolled oats1/2 cup wheat flakes(bran)Add the first 3 ingredients to 3 quarts of water and simmer for 45 minutes.Add the next 2 ingredients and simmer an additional 30-45 minutes.Let cool and refrigerate.Heat up what you want in the morning,add milk,sweetner and top with fruit or granola.Most ingredients are found in the health food section of most grocery stores.Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.