Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,Was wondering if anyone had some good recipe sites for IBS, as have just gone through my old recipe book and tossed 90% in the bin, as cant eat them, so back to square one!I get some good recipes from ... But mostly seem to have to adapt low fat and/or gluten/lactose free recipes, which is sometimes hard to do.Am having a really bad time at the moment, so would like to find some easy, friendly recipes to cook.Mel.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
CarolleneBelle I am a chef.If you say what you feel you can eat and what you like to eat, I can come up with recipes for you.Its important though to know foods don't cause IBS, but cn trigger symptoms.Do you eat smaller meals all day long?Have you kept a food and stress diary?Part of foods triggering IBS is the "Act of eating."Do you have d or c or d/c?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi EricThanks for your post.I have IBS - D.I do eat small meals, yes and I do keep a food diary and that has been helpful, have been able to realise foods that irritate me.I suppose my main problem is finding sauces for pasta, rice etc. I cannot tolerate acidic foods eg. tomatoes or spices. Also find garlic, onions and green vegetables difficult.So tend to mainly stick to herbs and sweet potatoes, pumpkin, mushrooms, asparagus (occasionally). I do puree apricots into a sauce and use fruits in baking cakes, biscuits etc. But I dont like using oil or butter/margarine, so tend to substitute with apple sauce or other fruits.Recipes that can be used as a sauce with chicken or fish and desserts that can be made without oils or butter are what I am mainly trying to find at the moment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.