Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi thereI'm from Quito, Ecuador. I have been suffering the effects of IBS (Mostly with D) for almost 10 years, but it was not until a year ago that I finally decided to go to the Doctor, who diagnosed IBS. Now I have found these wonderful web page and I do not feel alone anymore! I do not have any friends, aquaintances or family who suffer from this thing and they are looking at me always like "Jeez, what is the matter with you?" when I don't feel like eating, or always asking if there is a bathroom near, or just wanting to be alone when I feel bloated with those terrible gases. I have tried a lot of changes in my diet but nothing really has worked. I just try to eat small amounts of food all day instead of 3 big meals, and that has helped some. Bad thing is that I am always worried because I do not know when I will have one of the "attacks", and being worried increases the attacks, and...well..the same circle always. And having IBS is really embarrassing!!!!!! Anyway, I just try to live my life at is best with or without IBS, there are worse things in life that can happen to us. I hope to get in touch with one of you people who can understand how it feels to cope with this annoying problem. Anyone has felt that you would prefer to live alone than marrying to the person you love and making him/her cope with your smelly problem everyday?Saludos

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome Sofia.Keep reading and you may find something that works for you. You have a lot in common with us on the D board.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hola Sofia,Bienvenidos al grupo( Welcome to the group). I understand what you're going through.This site is great, it offers a lot of tips, help and support. adios y saludos, Bluedonna

1 - 3 of 3 Posts