Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always noticed that I get pressure and pain behind my nose and up,between my eyes, to the middle of my forehead. Can this pressure and pain lead to signals in the brain that are initiating IBS to be signaled in the bowel? Or, is the bowel,signaling the brain,in regarding to miscommunication that is causing IBS, and, that pain and bloating is just caused by the pressure of IBS that gives me this pain and pressure, into the nose and eye,and forehead area?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS When am am having this pressure and pain behind my deviated septum nose,when even normal levels of noise occurs~an especially loud noises,I feel pain shoot down to my stomach and bowel~why? Can you shed some light? Is my deviated painful septum causing me problems~or is this IBS engaging it?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PS When am am having this pressure and pain behind my deviated septum nose,when even normal levels of noise occurs~an especially loud noises,I feel pain shoot down to my stomach and bowel~why? Can you shed some light? Is my deviated painful septum causing me problems~or is this IBS engaging it?

·
Registered
618 Posts
SequoiaHubby had surgery for this about 4-5 months ago and is so happy he had it fixed..he can breath better ..in fact, he said he didn't know that he was that plugged up till he has his deviated septum repaired...and he sleeps better and doesn't snore so much anymore
he doesn't have IBS though..

·
Registered
618 Posts
SequoiaHubby had surgery for this about 4-5 months ago and is so happy he had it fixed..he can breath better ..in fact, he said he didn't know that he was that plugged up till he has his deviated septum repaired...and he sleeps better and doesn't snore so much anymore
he doesn't have IBS though..

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
It is conceivable that one thing can affect another in this fashion. Whether it is really the case, it is probably difficult to know. For example, there is a condition called ice cream headaches where people get headaches right after they eat ice cream. Some have speculated that the coldness of the ice cream alters blood flow above the mouth and induces the headache, but I don't think it has been proven yet.------------------I am not a doctor, nor do I work for profit in the medical/pharmacological field, but I have read scientific and medical texts, and have access to numerous sources of medical information that are not readily available to others. One should always consult a medical professional regarding advice received.

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
It is conceivable that one thing can affect another in this fashion. Whether it is really the case, it is probably difficult to know. For example, there is a condition called ice cream headaches where people get headaches right after they eat ice cream. Some have speculated that the coldness of the ice cream alters blood flow above the mouth and induces the headache, but I don't think it has been proven yet.------------------I am not a doctor, nor do I work for profit in the medical/pharmacological field, but I have read scientific and medical texts, and have access to numerous sources of medical information that are not readily available to others. One should always consult a medical professional regarding advice received.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Sequoia, histamines can effect IBS, just fyi.It is prehaps plausible that this stressor effects your bowels.The noise issue makes sense. With IBS the emoitional center of the brain is overactivated and where there would be a gate that normal people have to control stimuli to the brain that keeps the signals from becoming overwelming, this gate is down in IBS and the brain is flooded with the signals. So the noise can go straight to the gut and cause symptoms.You might be able to test this by listening to some music you don't like that aggravates you and you might see how your body physically responds to it. Then listen to some music you do like that relaxes you and see how your body physically reacts to it.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Sequoia, histamines can effect IBS, just fyi.It is prehaps plausible that this stressor effects your bowels.The noise issue makes sense. With IBS the emoitional center of the brain is overactivated and where there would be a gate that normal people have to control stimuli to the brain that keeps the signals from becoming overwelming, this gate is down in IBS and the brain is flooded with the signals. So the noise can go straight to the gut and cause symptoms.You might be able to test this by listening to some music you don't like that aggravates you and you might see how your body physically responds to it. Then listen to some music you do like that relaxes you and see how your body physically reacts to it.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all your posts! Eric,because I was on Zantac before, for my reflux,my IBS seems quieter. Is this because it is a histamine blocker? If I do the experiment with the awful loud music and I have a flair in symptoms,as opposed to the peaceful soothing music,,how can I know if correcting the septum would change my experience with this for the better? I know that bloating, spasms, and gas engage this pressure behind my nose,and only after eating is this relieved for a very short time, until I need to eat my next small frequent snack/meal.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all your posts! Eric,because I was on Zantac before, for my reflux,my IBS seems quieter. Is this because it is a histamine blocker? If I do the experiment with the awful loud music and I have a flair in symptoms,as opposed to the peaceful soothing music,,how can I know if correcting the septum would change my experience with this for the better? I know that bloating, spasms, and gas engage this pressure behind my nose,and only after eating is this relieved for a very short time, until I need to eat my next small frequent snack/meal.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Sequoia, zantac is a acid suppressant, so I don't know how it works on histamines. But if it makes the reflux better, it makes sense the IBS is better, because the two can aggravate each other. The systems are connected.The problem here is you have two conditions that effect each other, each one probably needs a different approach, but when one gets better, its possible the other one will improve. However, one is an organic problem and one isn't.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Sequoia, zantac is a acid suppressant, so I don't know how it works on histamines. But if it makes the reflux better, it makes sense the IBS is better, because the two can aggravate each other. The systems are connected.The problem here is you have two conditions that effect each other, each one probably needs a different approach, but when one gets better, its possible the other one will improve. However, one is an organic problem and one isn't.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.