Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,I think my IBS has gone or at least is on holiday.Recently my husband and I started having major problems due to my anxiety/phobias/depression and mood swings. I have suffered from IBS for about a year now, (the length of time we've been together). I was always anxious and nervous, especially around the weekends when people would visit. With alcohol I became a psycho. It would make me very irritated and I would get really angry. Not violent, just angry at the world or whoever! Anyway, I started counselling to try and save our marriage, and soon after we decided to live apart for a while until I get through the counselling and get myself sorted out. As soon as I decided I was going to move and found a place to live, I have had no IBS problems. In fact, I've been eating absolutely anything and everything and I have had no trouble whatsoever. I haven't taken any Bentyl tablets for ages, and healthwise I feel great. I am still depressed due to us living apart, very upset that its come to this but while my heart is hurting terribly, the rest of my body is alright. I don't know if the IBS is going to come back with a vengence, but I'm enjoying the break from IBS while I can!!! If I'm still depressed and worried about our marriage etc I would have thought I'd still have IBS troubles.~Lisa~

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Lisa:I'm very happy for you that your IBS is in remission!
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it continues for you.I'm sorry to hear about your separation. I guess things will work out whichever way they are supposed to. Not very comforting words, I know.
But I don't know what else to say.Take care of yourself.JeanG

G

·
Lisa,That is a very interesting thing to have happened. I don't know if you have told your counselor about your IBS, but I think it might be a good idea. The counselor knowing that it is in remission at the same time as your separation might be a help in your sessions.Good luck!

·
Registered
880 Posts
It's possible you have been putting added pressure on yourself because of how your IBS affected your spouse. Now that you are living alone, your IBS affects no one but you, which may be relieving that pressure. I agree with the previous post, tell your counsellor about the remission of IBS and it will probably say a lot about where to go with the counselling. Good luck! And look at it this way... with your counsellor's help you might be able to manage your feelings enough to enjoy this remission even after you are reunited!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts