Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,I'm not sure what IBS is exactly, but I heard about a study on the radio talking about infrequent bowel movements. I said hey that's me. Sometimes its 2 times one week then 3 the next. No real pattern. I've been this way since I was a kid. I'm wondering if IBS is what I have, and if so, is there something I can do about it to be more regular.Please don't say Fiber. Fiber backs me up even more. The last time I took fiber, I had to use supps. to alleviate the situation. I've noticed as I've been getting older, it's become less tolerable.So I guess my question is: 1)what is IBS 2)what are the symptoms3)what can i do about itThnx,TW

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi TW,Welcome to the board.From what I have read IBS is all those bowel symptoms that they don't have another name for. Many symptoms; Constapation,Diarrhea, Gas,some have a lot of pain with it and some have only discomfort. Mucus etc., You just have to read the post on the board. there is a search place that will bring up the post you need, just put in the word. reading the post and asking questions will help you to know what you can do.......as for C problelm, drink lots of water. excercise, fiber (there are different kinds) change of diet if you are a junk food addict.suppliments. Just stay with us and you hopefully will find the help you need.
------------------ Don't make ME come down there!!. GOD

·
Registered
779 Posts
Welcome to the board and I think Joyce said it quite well. There is different kind of fiber and you do have to drink more water or you will get C like she said. A change in diet is very important, lay off the junk food, white flour, sugar, chocolate, coffee, greasy food, eat more fruit, veges, and whole grain and you will see an improvement. It's not that easy to do and even harder to stick to it. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.