Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if you read this post twice...I posted on the IBD board as well. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to tell the difference between IBS symptoms and IBD symptoms in this case:I have Crohn's and my doctor also says I have IBS. With the Crohn's, it is hard to differentiate between the symptoms in order to treat them. The Crohn's medicine has stopped the diarrhea and severe cramps, but I'm still having multiple BM's a day and the "urge" to go all the time, even when I really don't have to go. So, my question is, are the symptoms I'm still having related to the IBS, or could they still be the IBD? I'm trying to figure out how to treat the symptoms I still have...with more IBD medicine, or stronger IBD medicine, or with added IBS medicine. I haven't taken any IBS medicine, so I'm wondering if right now, I'm still sick because I'm only treating one of my problems and not both. Can anyone give me any info on whether or not you think the multiple BM's and urge to go are IBS or IBD? And any advice on what to do? Thanks for any help.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.